Am I not allowed to be?

I made a post this morning on one of my accounts where I was ranting about how frustrating it is to have someone tell you what you can or cannot feel.  it makes you feel that whenever you’re hurt or angry about something, that you’re just overdoing things and need to get over yourself
it’s like my feeling can’t be justified, like Im stuck in a mood-swing and i’m not allowed to be feeling this way

There's a person I know doesn’t understand a part of me. The part that throws my whole being into something. The part that makes me gush or rate something he considers mediocre as a ten. But I’m not half a being, I never was. I’m a whole. I give myself completely, and I’ve never been afraid of expressing my delight or anger. And it bothers me that he has a problem with that. As though I’m not allowed to be excited or wholehearted about something. And I’m not mad at him, I’m not resentful or bitter. It just frustrates me. That I have to be restricted. That I’m held back to being grey, instead of fully black or white. I’m not an in-between person, I never was. And it’s funny, because in a way, that person is just like me. He’s not overly expressive, but he puts his whole self into something he loves. So what makes him fail to recognize that in me? Odd.

UPDATE: I’m sorry, this was just an impromptu rant because I was kinda exploding and needed to get stuff out. But I just want to let whoever is reading this know that it’s okay to feel things. Don’t let people take that away from you. Be angry, be sad, be hurt, be full of happiness - that’s what it is to be human.

~soleil

Comments

Popular Posts