p a i n t

art is not mine, credit unknown

[i feel like this might need a bit of an explanation to fully understand, so i’m going to leave a little blurb underneath that you can choose whether or not to read]

paint.
those artists paint us with tears of blue, hearts with cracks, and a mouth set in a firm line.
those artists cover us until we’re hidden by a mask, feeling the weight press in and stifle us.
those artists proudly display their work to the world. “look,” they say. “i have moulded you into what you are today.”
those artists claim us as their own, or cover us in clay and hang us on their wall of other stolen works. 

but now i am un-painting myself. i refuse any more touch-ups or makeovers. i reject their offers and claims that i can not do it, for i am not an artist.

i am not an artist. i am not like them. but i am me, and how dare they mask my beauty.
for i am a fire. i will swallow and burn their precious paintings. i will knock over their jars of dyes and colours.

i will reinvent myself.
i scratch off the yellow smile and bright eyes that their brushes had stroked me with.
i peel away the layers of frills and silks that they had used to cover up my form. 
i will use my originality and authenticity to show what i am.
i will smile when i smile, and cry when i cry.
i will be real.
i will be human.
i will be me.
for i am not an artist.
but i am art.


▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸


what certain phrases mean : 

those artists : haters and self-imposing people who believe they are better than you. teachers and maybe even parents who think they are your sculptor, that they know exactly what you need and how to give it to you. but they assume too much, i do not belong to them.

paint : fake masks that hide us. whether we make them ourselves, or are given them by other people, paint conceals who we are and what we can do. it limits us.

un-painting : i refuse to be identified and labeled as a work of another human being. there is only One, much greater than i, who i will ever belong to. i am his creation, not one of humans.

art : i am a creation, made by an amazing Creator. the same Lord who made the stars and has named every single creature on our earth has made me—my eyes and fingers and every parts of my body—and He loves me. how could i be anything but art?


▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸

i hope you enjoyed this little rambling of mine!

disclaimer: art is not mine, as earlier stated. if anyone knows who it belongs to, please let me know and i will give credit

God bless,

~soleil


Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS AAAAAHHHHHH EVERYTHING ON THIS BLOG IS PRECIOUS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts